- This policy covers how CODE treats personal information that CODE collects and receives, including information related to your past use of CODE products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that CODE does not own or control, or to people that CODE does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- CODE collects personal information when you register with CODE and when you visit CODE pages. CODE may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code, and other personal information. Once you register with CODE and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- CODE collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of services we offer.
- CODE automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, CODE cookie information, and the page you request.
- CODE uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- CODE does not rent, sell, or share email addresses unless the owner of
the email address indicated interest in partner announcements.
- Users who have previously opted in to receive such information can opt-out at any point.
- CODE collects demographics information about subscribers and other visitors to the CODE web site on an ongoing basis. Demographic profiles may be shared with our partners and advertisers on an aggregate bases.
- We reserve the right to use our mailing lists for marketing purposes. On occasion, this may include marketing campaigns that include partner organizations.
- We may provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with CODE under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help CODE communicate with you about offers from CODE and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- CODE may give out personal information as a response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- CODE displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers
(including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view,
or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- CODE does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- CODE may set and access CODE cookies on your computer.
- CODE reserves the right to use web beacons to access CODE cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with CODE products and services.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your CODE Account Information at any time. This includes email preferences.
- CODE may change the available options for email preferences at any time. This includes consolidation of email categories and newsletters. CODE will not add people to mailing lists. All CODE mailing lists are strictly opt-in lists.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the CODE service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the CODE invoices, that are considered part of your CODE account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- CODE takes great care to adhere to security best practices. As an example, CODE avoids storing confidential information (such as passwords) whenever possible. However, CODE does not guarantee that such information will never be stored in any form.
- CODE may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your CODE account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.